Dear IARSLCE 2016 Conference Presenters:
In just a few short weeks, we will be together in New Orleans. Thank you for your wonderfully rich submissions for this year’s IARSLCE conference. I am energized and inspired by your work. This year, due to the variety of new formats, I am pleased to announce that we have no more than 2 traditional research or scholarly papers in any one session. As you have seen from the earlier overall conference schedule, we have built in numerous opportunities for networking and dialogue. We are excited at all the conference will bring.
We have included important information about the conference in this email, and ask that you read it carefully.
- The program listing is now available and can be found on our website. If you notice any errors, please EMAIL Tara Luparello ASAP, explain the error, and we will fix it.
- As we have in the past few years, we are using an app-based program. To make this a rich experience for everyone, we ask you to submit:
- a. A headshot for your presenter listing
- A short paragraph bio for your presenter listing
- Any PDF files that you would like to share with participants (please include a title for the document)
- Any website URLs that you would like to share with participants (please include the name of the website)
If you choose to provide any of these, please email them with the subject line APP MATERIALS to Tara Luparello by September 9th
- Papers (for research and scholarly paper presenters only) -THESE ARE DUE BY SEPTEMBER 15TH. Please email to Tara Luparello.
- PechaKucha and OpenConferencing presenters: If you were not able to attend the webinar on August 10, the recording of the session is available on our website.
- Roundtable presenters: You may bring your laptop and share your screen with the table, but you will not be able to project onto a screen, nor will you have a microphone. Please make sure that your laptop is fully charged for your session.
- Poster presenters: Poster instructions and guidelines are available on our website.
- Please be sure to bring your laptops (and connectors for Macs).
- The registration area will be open on Monday, September 26th at 7:00 AM, so please feel free to drop by and get your name tag.
- Please make hotel reservations as soon as possible. The last day to guarantee the IARSLCE negotiated rate of $229 is September 6th. The link to book is on our website.
- If you have not registered, please do so ASAP. The link is on our website.
We are excited to see everyone in New Orleans! Safe travels! Any questions, please EMAIL Tara Luparello.
Elaine Ward, 2016 Program Chair