The International Association for Research on Service-Learning and Community Engagement (IARSLCE) is an international non-profit organization devoted to promoting research and discussion about service-learning and community engagement. The IARSLCE was launched in 2005, and incorporated in 2007.
To promote the development and dissemination of research on service-learning and community engagement internationally and across all levels of the education system.
Our objectives are to advance the fields of service-learning and community engagement research across the educational spectrum (primary, secondary, post-secondary, and further education).
- to promote the exchange of ideas, experiences, data and research among its members
- to disseminate knowledge and research on service-learning and community engagement
- to encourage continually improving the quality and rigor of research in these fields
- to provide a forum for the presentation of research findings, ideas, methods and opinions across educational systems
- to facilitate the exchange of information and creation of collaborations among scholars and practitioners around the world
- to support and facilitate the development of new scholars entering the fields of research on service-learning and community engagement
- to create venues for ongoing learning and communication among the members
- to establish communication strategies that facilitate the dissemination of research beyond the members to other communities of scholars and practitioners
- to initiate other activities and programs that support the interests of members and advance the fields of service-learning and community engagement